Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Grand Canyon


Here are two photos of the Grand Canyon the top one is the first day and the second is where I am now. After I had my second heart ablation done I decided I would stitch my doctor a cross stitch of the Grand Canyon. I have stitched one for my brother and it is stunning.
I stitched and framed my doctor a picture of a flying eagle after my first ablation and he loved it. I have never seen a man get so excited about a stitchery before. I think they should, but they seldom do!
Well, as you can see it quickly became a UFO and WIP. I do vow to get back to it soon though. It is one of the hardest pieces I have ever stitched because some of the colors are blended and you have no reference for what they will look like. I had to cross off what I had stitched the first time to keep track. It also has so many of the same colors.
I have the mats and frame picked out for it and everything. I especially love the one picture where you can see the shadow of my spiky hair at the bottom. I hope he will be as thrilled with this one as he was the last.
Please don't let me down Dr. Z!
God Bless ~
Lenna

No comments:

Post a Comment